Lt. Col. Chay M. Derbigny will become commander and a professor of aerospace studies for Air Force ROTC Detachment 205 at 10 a.m. Friday, June 28, at Saluki Alumni Plaza, located between Woody and Pulliam halls on the SIU campus.
Murphysboro native named commander of SIU Air Force ROTC 
By Carly Gist, News Editor • July 15, 2024

Lt. Col. Chay M. Derbigny will soon take over as commander and professor of aerospace studies for Air Force ROTC Detachment 205 at Southern Illinois...

Marcus Domask (left) and Lance Jones (right) during a Purdue-Illinois game Jan. 5, 2024 at
Mackey Arena in West Lafayette, Indiana. Photo credit to Illinois Athletics.
Three Former Salukis set to play in NBA Summer League 
By Ryan Grieser, Sports Reporter • July 13, 2024

As the NBA 2K25 Summer League kicked off on July 12, three former Salukis began their professional basketball careers.  Though none of them...

SIU chancellor, Austin Lane, poses for a portrait in his office on Monday, Aug. 17, 2020 in Anthony Hall at SIU.
SIU leadership gets bonuses, salary increases from Board of Trustees
By Carly Gist, News Editor • July 11, 2024

Three proposals received approval by the SIU Board of Trustees regarding salary increases for university officials at the July 11th meeting. The...

SIU Board of Trustees approves salary increase

Steve Buhman, University Communi

SIU employees will be getting a 2% salary increase. It was approved by the Board of Trustees Thursday.

“Thank you for all you do for SIU Carbondale, and I am grateful to the trustees for making this investment in our people,” Chancellor Austin Lane wrote in an email.

The salary increase is for employees on the active payroll as of October 1, 2023. Campus union members will receive their increase according to their collective bargaining agreement. 

The increase will retroactively take effect for staff on July 1, 2023. 

“The salary increase is possible with increased funds from the state and your hard work on enrollment. This is another step in our efforts to make employee compensation fairer and more competitive.” Lane wrote. 

This marks the third straight year in which employees have received a salary increase working for SIU Carbondale.