The student news site of Southern Illinois University

Daily Egyptian

Glenn Poshard named president of Morthland College in West Frankfort

Glenn Poshard makes one of many phone calls April 30, 2014, during his last day as SIU president at the Stone Center. (Daily Egyptian file)

Former SIU President Glenn Poshard on Tuesday morning was named president of Morthland College, a private Christian college in West Frankfort.

Tim Morthland, the college’s previous president who will now serve as chairman of its Board of Trustees, made the announcement on Facebook.

“Dr. Poshard is not only qualified for the task at hand, but, most importantly, he is a man whose heart is grounded in the Vision Statement, those few hundred words that keep all of us who are here coming to work everyday,” Morthland wrote on Facebook.

The college was created in 2009.

Poshard, a former state senator and U.S. congressman, worked as SIU’s president from 2006 to 2014.

Check back for updates.

The Daily Egyptian’s news desk can be reached at editor@dailyegyptian.com or 618-536-3397.

To stay up to date with all your southern Illinois news, follow the Daily Egyptian on Facebook and Twitter.

1 Comment

One Response to “Glenn Poshard named president of Morthland College in West Frankfort”

1. Al on February 20th, 2017 3:41 pm

Are you friggin kidding me!!!? This guy could fall in a pile of shit and come out smelling like a rose.

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.