Dunning named Greek Life Coordinator

By Brian Munoz, Staff Reporter

Rachel Dunning, a 2015 SIU alumna and Carterville native, has joined the Office of Student Affairs as the university’s newest Fraternity and Sorority Life Coordinator, according to an email sent to Greek Life presidents on Monday.

Image courtesy of Rachel Dunning

“I am lucky to have been offered a position in an area which I love and at an institution that I have a lot of pride in,” Dunning said. “I am also appreciative to have been given the chance to help guide and advise the Fraternity and Sorority life community I was a part of.”

Dunning said that she has goals of outreach and unity within Greek Life.

” I would  like to speak with students, advisors, and campus partners to gain a better perspective of what the community needs,” Dunning said. “I want the Greek Life community to feel united, supported, and successful in their endeavors.”

As an undergraduate studying musical theater at Southern, Dunning joined Alpha Gamma Delta and Sigma Alpha Iota.

Dunning graduated from Southern Illinois University in 2015 with a bachelor’s degree in Musical Theater and received her masters degree in College Student Personnel Administration from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, last month.

At SIUE, Dunning was a graduate assistant as the Fraternity and Sorority Life and Community Engagement coordinator and served as the Panhellenic Advisor, overseeing more than 500 sorority members.

She is also a member of the Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors and has volunteered as a group facilitator for Alpha Gamma Delta and Alpha Sigma Alpha.

SIU is home to five College Panhellenic Association chapters, 15 Interfraternity Council chapters, five National Pan-Hellenic Council chapters and eight Multicultural Greek Council chapters.

Staff reporter Brian Munoz can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter at @BrianMMunoz.

To stay up to date with all your southern Illinois news, follow the Daily Egyptian on Facebook and Twitter.