Daily Egyptian

Car crashes into Thai Taste, injuring one person

Building+damage+at+Thai+Taste+after+Kevin+Barker%2C+of+Marion%2C+drove+into+the+building%27s+northern+outer+wall+Tuesday%2C+Sept.+12%2C+2017+on+the+Carbondale+Strip.+
Building damage at Thai Taste after Kevin Barker, of Marion, drove into the building's northern outer wall Tuesday, Sept. 12, 2017 on the Carbondale Strip.

Brian Muñoz | @BrianMMunoz

Brian Muñoz | @BrianMMunoz

By Staff reports

A car crashed into Thai Taste on Tuesday night, sending one restaurant patron to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. 

Kevin Barker, of Marion, was driving westbound on West Main Street when he ran through a red traffic signal and entered the intersection of Illinois Avenue and West Main Street, according to Carbondale police.

Barker’s car was struck by another vehicle driving northbound on Illinois Avenue, which caused him to collide with the north outer wall of Thai Taste.

The collisions caused “moderate damage” to both vehicles and the wall, according to a news release from the police department.

The injured patron was transported to Memorial Hospital of Carbondale for treatment. 

Barker received a citation for disobeying a traffic control device, police said. 

The Daily Egyptian’s news desk can be reached at 618-536-3397 or [email protected].

To stay up to date with all your southern Illinois news, follow the Daily Egyptian on Facebook and Twitter.

1 Comment

One Response to “Car crashes into Thai Taste, injuring one person”

1. Cassy on September 13th, 2017 7:34 am

The same accident happened to me this May. I was the driver & only one injured with a concussion, amnesia, and an injury to my right arm. I asked the city & police about the light after my passanger said there was an accident in the same spot later that weekend. The light to my knowledge was not investigated, and now more property damage/ personal injury has ensued!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The student news site of Southern Illinois University