The Wham Education Building on SIUs campus.
What's in a name: Wham Education Building
By Thomas Miller, Journalism 201 • July 22, 2024

Connected to the waist of Pulliam Hall is a building that houses a history of education. As with most things rich in history, there is more than...

Lt. Col. Chay M. Derbigny will become commander and a professor of aerospace studies for Air Force ROTC Detachment 205 at 10 a.m. Friday, June 28, at Saluki Alumni Plaza, located between Woody and Pulliam halls on the SIU campus.
Murphysboro native named commander of SIU Air Force ROTC 
By Carly Gist, News Editor • July 15, 2024

Lt. Col. Chay M. Derbigny will soon take over as commander and professor of aerospace studies for Air Force ROTC Detachment 205 at Southern Illinois...

Marcus Domask (left) and Lance Jones (right) during a Purdue-Illinois game Jan. 5, 2024 at
Mackey Arena in West Lafayette, Indiana. Photo credit to Illinois Athletics.
Three Former Salukis set to play in NBA Summer League 
By Ryan Grieser, Sports Reporter • July 13, 2024

As the NBA 2K25 Summer League kicked off on July 12, three former Salukis began their professional basketball careers.  Though none of them...

Funeral services, visitation set for Blake Morrison

Lylee Gibbs |@lyleegibbsphoto
A doodle of Quatro’s mascot Q-Man, doodled by Annalies Dowell, sits on the interactive memorial for Blake Morrison Sept. 23, 2023 at the former Jerry’s Flower Boutique in Carbondale, Illinois.

Services for Blake Morrison, the late owner of Quatro’s Deep Pan Pizza, will take place Friday, Oct. 6 at 4 p.m. at Our Savior Lutheran Church in Carbondale, according to a press release received by the Daily Egyptian.

Those wishing to memorialize Morrison are invited to attend a visitation prior to the service from 3-4 p.m.

Morrison’s death was announced on Sept. 21, with an interactive memorial available that weekend. Attendees of the visitation are invited to build upon the collection of memories shared at that interactive memorial.

Those wishing to make donations in Morrison’s honor are asked to donate to Our Savior Lutheran Church of Carbondale or St. Francis CARE Animal Shelter of Murphysboro. Flowers and memorial plants are also being accepted at Our Savior Lutheran Church of Carbondale.

Former Carbondale city councilman Lee Fronabarger observes the memorial for Blake Morrison which consists of flowers, drawings and several pictures of different moments from his life Sept. 23, 2023 at the former Jerry’s Flower Boutique in Carbondale, Illinois. (Lylee Gibbs | @lyleegibbsphoto)

“Our family, both in our home and in Quatro’s Pizza, couldn’t be more thankful for our community’s support,” Jocelyn Morrison, Blake Morrison’s sister, said.

Morrison’s family and Quatro’s staff continue to share their gratitude for the public’s support “during this difficult time,” according to the press release.

“So many people have made sure we know that they’re here for our family and staff as we work to fulfill Blake’s vision,” Jocelyn Morrison said. “It’s the people around us who keep our spirits up and our hearts full, and we’re surrounded by the best kind of people in Carbondale and Southern Illinois.”