Saluki women’s golf places 9th in Ozarks National Invitational

By Brandyn Wilcoxen, Staff Reporter

Saluki women’s golf finished ninth at the Ozarks National Invitational in Hollister, Missouri. The three round tournament spanned from Monday until Wednesday. SIU shot the best third round of any team outside of the top three, riding that performance to a tie for ninth at 58 over par.

Leading the way for SIU were sophomore Waew Anuvran and junior Ayanna Habeel, who each shot 14 over par to tie for 35th among individuals. Coming in at 18 over par were graduate students Rose Bundy and Moyea Russell, who each tied for 47th.

Junior Megan Breslin rounded out the top 5 for the Salukis, shooting 24 over par en route to a 58th place finish. Sophomore Janie Samattiyadeekul competed as an individual, finishing in 51st place at 19 over par.

The Salukis ninth place finish matches the team’s best this season with their ninth place performance at the Hoover Invite in September. While that tournament consisted of only 11 teams, the Ozarks National Invitational had 15 teams participating.

With the completion of the Ozarks National Invitational on Oct. 20, Saluki women’s golf has finished its schedule for the 2021 calendar year. It will next compete in the Lady Bison Bay Point Classic in Panama City, Florida on Feb. 7-8.

Staff reporter Brandyn Wilcoxen can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter @Brandyn_2020

To stay up to date on all your southern Illinois news, follow the Daily Egyptian on Facebook and Twitter.