Senti, Smith place top-25 at Bradley Pink Classic

By Brandyn Wilcoxen, Staff Reporter

Saluki sophomores Ethan Senti and Dawson Smith both turned in top-25 performances in the Men’s Red race at the Bradley Pink Classic in Peoria, Illinois on Friday. Senior Kayla Schiera led the Salukis in the Women’s Red race, placing 34th.

The Saluki women’s team placed 12th overall out of 37 teams. Schiera led the way, along with sophomore Stephanie Anthonies in 61st place. Juniors Josie Brown and Rachel Anderson finished in 82nd and 92nd respectively, followed by junior Claire Ayers in 101st, senior Sydney Matusik in 149th, and freshman Ansley Bailey in 197th.

Overall, the Saluki men placed 17th out of 31 teams competing in the Men’s Red race. After Senti (17th) and Smith (22nd), sophomore Uriah Guthrie finished in 104th place, and freshman Vince Van Eck and junior Travis Hart placed back-to-back in 166th and 167th. Freshman Josh Delgado rounded out the Saluki men in 200th place.

Sophomore Taylor Bushman and freshman Brianna Nieset ran in the Women’s White race as individuals. Bushman placed 128th and Nieset finished in 137th.

Saluki cross country will next compete in the Missouri Valley Conference Championships on Oct. 29, hosted by Illinois State University in Normal, Illinois. The women’s 6K race will begin at 1 p.m. followed by the men’s 8K at 2 p.m.

Staff reporter Brandyn Wilcoxen can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter at @Brandyn_2020