Saluki Athletics opening football up to fans

By Ryan Warfel, Sports Reporter

Students savoring for seeing the Salukis back in live action will be able to see the football team play at four home games this year.

Saluki athletics released today that they will be allowing up to 15 percent of capacity at their football games this season.

Among those allowed at the games will be season ticket holders, students and families of the players.

Approximately 500 seats will be available to students and they will be required to pick up their tickets at the Banterra Center ticket office the week of each game.

The safety measures that Athletics are going to be using at the games will be requiring all fans to be masked and social distancing, with fans only being allowed to remove the masks when eating or drinking.

Saluki Athletics is also puting hand sanitizer stations across the stadium for fans to be able to use.

Also of note for the upcoming season the Missouri Valley Football Conference is committed to an eight game schedule, which will be followed by the Football Championship Subdivision playoffs.

Indiana State opted out of the season this year so the league is set to put out a revised schedule soon.

Sports Reporter Adam Warfel can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter at @warfel_adam.

To stay up to date with all your southern Illinois sports news, follow the Daily Egyptian on Facebook and Twitter.