Under Armour launches campaign for women

By Mattie Lindner

Under Armour has a new campaign and a series of commercials featuring professional female athletes.

These ads feature athletes such as professional downhill skier Lindsey Vonn, ballerina Misty Copeland, tennis player Sloane Stephens, model Gisele Bundchen, soccer player Kelly O’Hara and surfer Brianna Cope.

In each woman’s commercial they say the line “I Will What I Want”. It is a twist from Under Armour’s original campaign slogan “I Will Protect This House.” The company launched the $15 million campaign as a response to women turning to Nike and Lululemon for athletic apparel.

The women are telling their stories of how they got to where they are today and what #IWillWhatIWant means to them personally.

Since 2003 when Under Armour launched its first commercial, the company has become one of the world’s most innovative for performance wear. Many professional athletes and collegiate athletic programs such as SIU are sponsored by Under Armour.

To learn more about the history of Under Armour and how it started click here. Also to view the women’s Under Armour commercials click here. The hashtag #IWillWhatIWant is also a very popular way to show your support for women athletics via social media.