- 8 – 10 hot dogs; thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 loaf of Vienna, French, or Italian bread
Saute the peppers in the olive oil over medium-high heat in a three-quart saucepan. The add hot dog slices and sauté until hot dogs are slightly browned. Add diced tomatoes and boil until liquid boils down.
Serve with Vienna or Italian bread.
Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 – 6
Cost per serving is less than $5.