Bryant to open campaign office

Bryant to open campaign office

By Seth Richardson

A candidate for the Illinois 115th District seat in the House of Representatives has announced the opening of a campaign office in Carbondale.

Terri Bryant of Murphysboro said in a press release Tuesday she would be opening a campaign office at 318 E. Walnut St on Thursday. The doors will open at 5:00 p.m. with a meet-and-greet scheduled until 6:30 p.m.

She is also opening an office in Mt. Vernon.

Bryant said she chose to open the office in Carbondale because of the location and convenience for constituents.

“It’s on the main road in the direction people are generally driving,” she said. “Opening the offices in Mt. Vernon and Carbondale is so we can reach the largest number of constituents and make sure their voices are heard.”

The seat currently occupied by outgoing Rep. Mike Bost is open for the first time since 1995. Bost chose to challenge Democratic U.S. Rep. Bill Enyart for the 12th U.S. Congressional District this year.

Bryant currently works at the Pinckneyville Correctional Center where she serves as the manager of the dietary department. Previously she and husband Rick were the original owners of the Bluebell Restaurant in Murphysboro.

Bryant and Robert White of Mt. Vernon are seeking the Republican nomination. Tony Mayville of Du Bois and Bill Kilquist of Murphysboro are seeking the Democratic nomination.

The Illinois primary election is March 18.