‘Love at the Glove’ returning to SIU for 18th year

By Keaton Yates, Staff Reporter

Student-run art exhibit “Love at the Glove” will be celebrating love again on Valentine’s Day this year.

The show is in its 18th year and will be displaying art that is all about love.

Love at the Glove is a collaboration of art made by Carbondale artists that is dedicated to “matters of the heart,” according to a university press release.

“The theme this year is ‘Love in All of its Manifestations,’” the release said.

According to the Love at the Glove website, all the art will be about love found, love lost, alienation, sorrow, joy, sex, identity or pretty much anything.

Love at the Glove will take place 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. in the Surplus Gallery inside the Glove Factory Studio Arts Building on 432 South Washington St. Admission is $5 and visitors will have the opportunity to support The Women’s Center with donations, nonperishable goods and toiletries.

Tickets can be pre-purchased online to skip the wait.

“The art can be adult-themed and intended for mature audiences. Many pieces also have tongue-in-cheek humor, so the event is not, therefore, suitable for children or minors,” the release said.

There is a call to artists in the community to submit works of all types such as 2D/3D, installation and performance. Pieces will be accepted with a fee of $5 on Feb. 12 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. The fee includes free admission for the artist, the release said.

Love at the Glove has the right to deny any artwork that are hateful or could hurt someone, the website said.

Special needs or concerns can be discussed via email to  [email protected].

Staff reporter Keaton Yates can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter at @keatsians.