Semester in Photos: Fall 2018

Daily Egyptian staff photographers, from left: (top row) Joey Sears, Carson VanBuskirk, Mary Barnhart, Chase Jordan. From left: (bottom row) Isabel Miller, Corrin Hunt, Nick Knappenburger, Allie Tiller.

By Photography Staff

At the conclusion of each semester, the Daily Egyptian Photography and Multimedia staff dedicate the last edition to showcase the visual content put out over the course of the previous sixteen weeks.

Semester in Photos serves as a chance to highlight the best photos from each photographer and sum up the events that took course on campus and in the Carbondale community.

Below are brief bios about each photographer, we hope you enjoy looking through our Fall 2018 Semester in Photos.

Meet the photographers

Joseph Sears, 19, is a sophomore from Chatham studying cinema and photography. He has worked for the Daily Egyptian since August 2017. After graduation Sears plans to be a producer or director.

Carson VanBuskirk, 20, is a junior from Girard studying radio, TV, and digital media and cinematography and photography. He has worked at the Daily Egyptian since August 2018. VanBuskirk plans to pursue a career as a videographer and photographer after graduation.

Mary Barnhart, 23, is a senior from Marion studying journalism with a specialization in photos. She has worked at the Daily Egyptian since August 2017. Barnhart served as the photo and multimedia editor for the summer and fall of 2018. After graduation, she will be focusing on freelance work following and documenting bands on tour.

Chase Jordan, 20, is a sophomore from Granite City studying journalism with a specialization in photos. He has worked at the Daily Egyptian since September 2018. After graduation, Jordan plans to find a job at a music-based magazine or website as a photographer.

Isabel Miller, 19, is a sophomore from Carterville studying journalism with a specialization in photos. She has worked at the Daily Egyptian since May 2018. After graduation Miller hopes to work at the Chicago Tribune.

Corrin Hunt, 20, is a junior from Ramsey studying art. She has worked at the Daily Egyptian since January 2018. After graduation, Hunt hopes to work as a full-time photographer and graphic designer.

Nicholas Knappenburger, 20, is a junior from Eureka studying radio, TV, and digital media. He has worked at the Daily Egyptian since June 2018. Knappenburger wants to work in video production and editing.

Allie Tiller, 21, is a junior from Marquette Heights studying cinema and photography. She has worked at the Daily Egyptian since August 2018. Tiller plans to pursue a career in cinematography, editing and photography after graduation.

The Daily Egyptian Photography Staff can be reached at [email protected], on Twitter at @DailyEgyptian and Instagram at @DailyEgyptian.