Daily Egyptian

Attendees hand out Patriot Front flyers at Trump Rally

By Emily Cooper and Rana Schenke, Staff Reporters

The Daily Egyptian received a flyer promoting a group called Patriot Front at President Trump’s rally on Saturday.

The flyer discussed foreign invaders and global elite taking over the country and how Americans need to reclaim the country.

According to the Patriot Front’s website, “our mission is a hard reset on the nation we see today— a return to the traditions and virtues of our forefathers.”

The Anti-Defamation League, an organization focused on “protecting Jewish people and securing justice to all,” said Patriot Front is a white supremacist group who embrace racism, anti-Semitism and intolerance under the appearance of preserving the “ethnic and cultural origins” of their European ancestors.

During his speech at the rally, Trump spoke about the shooting at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The shooting left 11 people dead and six more injured.

“This evil anti-semitic attack is an assault on all of us, it’s an assault on humanity,” Trump said. “It will require all of us working together to extract the hateful poison of anti-Semitism from our world.”

Trump said the attack was horrible and monstrous.

“The scourge of anti-Semitism cannot be ignored, cannot be tolerated, and it cannot be allowed to continue,” Trump said. “It must be condemned and confronted everywhere it rears its very ugly head.”

Staff reporter Emily Cooper can be reached at ecooper@dailyegyptian.com or on Twitter at @ecooper212.

Staff reporter Rana Schenke can be reached at rschenke@dailyegyptian.com.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Attendees hand out Patriot Front flyers at Trump Rally”

1. Tony Williams on October 28th, 2018 12:59 pm

Another fine piece of investigative reporting that The Southern, to its shame, never does. Please continue this fine work especially concerning the Interim President and BOT attempts to force through the late Chancellor’s agenda without consulting or taking into consideration the views of those opposed to this move. Sadly, an Orwellian re-writing of recent history is being conducted at this moment with opposing information censored. It is all the more important that you continue the fine work of your predecessors last year especially in asking why former Interim Chancellor Paul Servala did not receive the recognition and respect from SIUC higher administration that he deserved before his untimely departure

2. Tommy on October 28th, 2018 3:49 pm

Thanks for reporting this. Perhaps be more up front about what Patriot Front is: an explicitly, unabashedly neo-Nazi fascist group. Anyone who sees them flyering should take their photo and put it online. They are terrified of being exposed or even showing their faces. Don’t let Nazis operate in the open.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The student news site of Southern Illinois University