Pulliam fire update: $75,000 smoke damage

By Austin Miller, @AMiller_DE

A fire was reported in a Pulliam Hall at 8:45 a.m. Thursday and was contained to a faculty office, university spokeswoman Rae Goldsmith said.

Carbondale Assistant Fire Chief Ted Womack said the cause of the fire has not been confirmed by the department but it is believed to be a candle lit overnight.

Lt. Ryan House, of Carbondale police, said his department also attributes the fire to a lit candle.

Advertisement

House said no one was injured in the blaze.

Goldsmith said there is smoke damage on the second floor, estimated as much as $75,000.

Classes will resume since only faculty offices were affected, Goldsmith said.

{{tncms-asset app=”editorial” id=”a31e54d0-b861-11e4-8f7d-535178c2065f”}}

{{tncms-asset app=”editorial” id=”ff8fe706-b861-11e4-94ae-a398478bdf57″}}

{{tncms-asset app=”editorial” id=”46bd042e-b862-11e4-b0db-0f0f84a78e74″}}

This story will be updated as information becomes available.

Austin Miller can be reached at [email protected]

Advertisement