Meet the 2005 Homecoming Court

Meet the 2005 Homecoming Court

Here is the 2005 Homecoming Court. To vote, go to polling places at the Student Center from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. or the Recreation Center from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. on Tuesday.

Activities:Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc., Army ROTC, Pershing Rifles

Academics:Illinois Baptist Church Scholarship, Marine Corps, League’s Distinguished Cadet

Community Service:Good Samaritan House, Adopt-A-Soldier, Camp Crescent, and Sickle Cell Anemia Camp.

“Being best dressed or popular has nothing to do with one’s dedication and ability to represent SIUC as the Homecoming King. The way to judge a person’s ability to be a positive entity within the community is to search within the person; past their beauty, money, or abilities and search their level of commitment to others.”

Activities:President, USG, College Democrats, and Political Science Ambassadors

“For 30 years, SIUC has been home to my family in one aspect or another. The thought of going anywhere else never crossed my mind. I came to SIUC because it is a part of who I am.”

Activities:Strategic Gaming Society, Student Programming Council, and Film Alternatives.

Academics:Chancellor’s Scholarship, Dean’s List, and Elks Scholarship

Community Service:In The Can, Big Muddy Film Festival

“I knew that I would find a university that suited me and could challenge me. I found that university, and I have never regretted my decision to come to Southern Illinois University – Carbondale.”

Activities:Sigma Kappa Sorority, Saluki Ambassadors, and SOAR Staff Member

Academics:Order of Isis Honor Society, Provost’s Scholarship, and University Honors Program

Community Service:Adopt-A-Spot, Greek Move-In, Sigma Kappa ShootOut

“I have lived in southern Illinois for 20 years and have grown up bleeding maroon. I am proud to call southern Illinois my home and Southern Illinois University my institution.”

Activities:Sigma Sigma Sigma Sorority, Inter-Greek Council, and Saluki Advertising Agency

Academics:Order of Isis Honor Society, Order Of Omega Honor Society, University Honors Program

Community Service:Book In Every Home, Habitat For Humanity, Partners In Reading

“Southern Illinois University’s Homecoming Court shouldn’t be about popularity or who has the best candy but about integrity, morals, values, and a love for this campus.”

Activities:Pre-Health Professions Association, Soar Staff Member, and Land Of Lincoln Americorps

Academics:National Dean’s List, College Of Science Dean’s Scholar, College of Liberal Arts Dean’s Scholar

Community Service:Abundant Health Clinic, Adopt-A-Spot, and Day Of Service

“During my time here, I have adopted what Southern’s tradition is and how it is expressed through school spirit, community service and dedication to the University; all things that I feel Homecoming stands for.”

Activities:Alpha Gamma Delta Sorority, Student Programming Council

Academics:Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, Order Of Omega Honor Society, SIUC Presidential Scholarship

Community Service:Adopt-A-Spot, Safe Halloween, and Juvenile Diabetes Research Fundraiser

“My school spirit for this University is unlimited, and I will continue to support SIU long after I have finished my education.”

Major:Political Science and Agricultural Information

Activities:Agbassadors, Collegiate FFA, Undergraduate Student Government

Academics:Roscoe Pulliam Scholarship, Provost’s Scholarship, and Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society

Community Service:Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Community Beautification and Clean-Up, Toys For Tots Program

“I am attending the same university that my mother, father, sister, brother-in-law, aunts, uncles and cousins all graduated from. I have been surrounded by their Saluki pride in this University, and I am proud that I attend this University.”