Semester in Photos Fall 2020

November 18, 2020

With the end of the semester approaching, the Daily Egyptian photo staff reflect on and highlight some of the best images from the Fall 2020 semester.

The Semester in Photo edition will be the last print edition of the Fall 2020 semester. The Daily Egyptian will resume printing on January 13, 2021.

Fall 2020 Photo Staff

Leah Sutton is a senior studying Cinema and Photography with a minor in Art History. After graduating in May 2021, she hopes to attend Northwestern University to obtain a Master of Science in Journalism.

This is Leah’s first semester with the Daily Egyptian working as Photo Editor.

Nick Galindo is the managing editor & photojournalism mentor for The Daily Egyptian, and his a current M.S. student. Previously the chief photographer at The News-Star in Monroe, Louisiana where he was able to cover the annual Bayou Classic in New Orleans, 2019 Independence Bowl, two national news tornadoes including the 2020 Easter storms that spanned the Southern U.S. & President Trump’s rally.

His work has been featured in The Washington Post, Reuters, The Associated Press, USA Today, and various other news outlets. He was also a former photojournalism intern at The Victoria Advocate where he covered daily assignments and national news events with Hurricane Harvey and the Sutherland Springs mass shooting.

Emma Deeter is from Indianapolis, Indiana. She is a freshman majoring in Psychology. This is

her first semester with the Daily Egyptian.

James Allen is a senior studying Cinematography. This is his 8th semester at SIU and he plans to graduate in the Fall of 2021.

James has spent two years in the cinematography program, but this is his first semester working with the Daily Egyptian. His media interests include documentary, narrative filmmaking, and photojournalism.

Madison Taylor is a freshman from Belleville, Illinois majoring in Journalism.

This is her first semester working as a photographer for the Daily Egyptian.

Ana Luiza is a junior photojournalism major from Paraiba, Brazil. Ana Luiza has been at SIU for
two semesters.

This is Ana Luiza’s second semester at the Daily Egyptian.

Jared Treece is a junior from Waverly, Ill. majoring in Cinema & Photography at SIU. He has been at SIU for three semesters and has been on the DE photo staff for three semesters.

Through Jared’s work this semester, he has learned to practice and hone his eye for photojournalism. He has also been able to cover photo assignments from the southern and central parts of Illinois, as well as Kentucky during this past semester.

Monica Sharma is an international student from Nepal who came to the U.S. in 2019. She is currently in her final year at SIU and is pursuing a master’s degree in Architecture.

Monica had taken a photography elective and wanted to learn more about photography through working at the Daily Egyptian.

Aimee Watts is an RTD, Animation, and Psychology junior from Decatur, Illinois.

Aimee transferred from Richland Community College in Decatur, Ill. to SIU in the fall of 2020. This is her first semester working for the Daily Egyptian.

Features

Science and Technology

Community

2020 Election

COVID-19

Black Lives Matter

Veteran’s Day

Sports

The Daily Egyptian Photostaff can be reached at [email protected]