Semester in Photos: Fall 2021

The Daily Egyptian photo staff pose for a photo. Front row L-R: Julian Castillo, Kylen Lunn and Sophia Rogers. Back row L-R: Jared Treece, Chris Bishop and Sophie Whitten. (Jacob Boehme )

Chris Bishop

Chris Bishop is a senior at SIU and the multimedia editor of the Daily Egyptian. He is in the cinema department and is graduating in December 2021. He is originally from St. Louis where he volunteers at his church and does freelance photo and video work. 

Julian Castillo

Julian Castillo is a junior studying cinema and business management. This is his fifth semester at SIU and he plans to graduate in May 2023. Julian has spent two years in the film program at SIU and has worked at the Daily Egyptian for one semester. His interests include directing, documentary and photography. 

Kylen Lunn

Kylen Lunn is a junior studying cinematography and photography. This is his fifth semester at SIU and he plans to graduate in May 2023. Kylen has spent two years in the cinematography program at SIU and has worked at the Daily Egyptian for one semester. His interests include concert videography, travel videography, editing video and portrait photography. 

Dominique Martinez-Powell

Dominique Martinez-Powell, a psychology major specializing in pre-med. This is his 5th semester at SIU and 1st semester at the Daily Egyptian. Dominique has spent 3 years at  SIU. Her interests are art, photography, music, psychology, and plants.

Sophia Rogers

Sophia Rogers is a sophomore studying psychology on the premed track with a double minor in biological science and photography. This is her third semester at SIU and plans to graduate in May 2024. Sophia has spent three semesters in the science program, a semester in the cinema program at SIU and one semester at the Daily Egyptian. Her interests include photography, football and swimming. 

Jared Treece

Jared Treece is a senior from Waverly, Illinois studying cinema and photography. This is Jared’s fifth semester at SIU. This will be his fifth and last semester on the Daily Egyptian photo staff. During his time at the DE, Jared has been on an array of assignments in the southern Illinois area covering stories and events. He also has covered protests in Louisville, covering the 2020 & 2021 Arch Madness tournaments in St. Louis, and the 2021 Illinois State fair. He has collaborated with other publications such as Gateway Journalism Review and Rolling Stone magazine for assignments. He served as the photo/multimedia editor in the spring of 2020. Jared will look to pursue a career in both the photography and film industries. 

Sophie Whitten

Sophie Whitten is a junior at SIU and the photo editor of the Daily Egyptian. This is her third semester at SIU and second semester at the DE. Sophie is planning to double major in creative writing and advertising and she plans to graduate in May 2023. Sophie’s interests include photography, reading and chess.