Can you spare a dollar for Wednesday night bowling?

December 1, 2022

Bowling in the student center is always a great time, however on Wednesday nights it really comes to life for dollar bowling night. Every Wednesday from 6-9 p.m., the student center bowling alley has $1 games, shoe rentals and billiards.  

This gives students a perfectly good excuse to step away from their books and long hours of studying to take a load off. It’s cheap, easy, and within walking distance for many students; it also gives many students the perfect opportunity to set up a routine with their friends to catch up and hang out.

Emmanual Blackwell said, “It’s always pretty steady on who comes in, sometimes there are new faces but often you have a pretty good guess on who will show every Wednesday.”

For many students, it becomes easy to forget to take time for themself and spend time with their friends when they have such a busy schedule. Sometimes the easiest way to solve that is by adding in an allotted  time to do so, and that’s what makes it so special for so many friend groups.

“It’s always a good way to spend a few hours and it’s really affordable, especially to college students who might not have much to spend,” Fiona Douglas said.

Cost is always important to consider when going out with a group of friends. Bowling gives the perfect opportunity to have a good time while not breaking the bank for many students who are trying to save every penny. 

Bowling also tends to be the perfect venue to host birthday parties or any special celebration you may want to have but can’t because of limited space or money. Bowling is a great group activity that leaves so much room for bonding. 

Luke Douglas, who was celebrating his birthday at the lanes, said, “It’s a quick and easy option for a Wednesday night that otherwise wouldn’t have much else to do. It’s hard to not have fun while bowling with a bunch of friends.”

If your Wednesdays are fully booked don’t worry because the bowling center hosts a ton of other events such as lunch at the lanes, cosmic bowling and billiards night just to name a few. Not only are they fun, but they are relatively cheap compared to many other things you could be doing and it’s open all year. 

So next time you have a spare moment be o-pin to new things and give bowling a spin.