The Daily Egyptian spring 2021 photo staff pose for a group picture. From left to right: Leah Sutton, Sophie Whitten, Monica Sharma, Chris Bishop, Subash Kharel, James Allen and Madison Taylor.

Semester in Photos Spring 2021

May 6, 2021

With the end of the semester approaching, the Daily Egyptian photo staff reflect on and highlight some of the best images from the Spring 2021 semester.

The Semester in Photos edition will be the last print edition of the Spring 2021 semester. Have a safe summer Salukis! Printing will resume on August 11. Be sure to keep up with dailyegyptian.com for updates throughout the summer.

Spring 2021 Photo Staff

Leah Sutton is a senior from Highland, Illinois and will be graduating in May 2021 with a Bachelor of Art in Photography. After graduation, she will be continuing her studies at SIU to obtain a Master of Fine Arts in Interdisciplinary Media Arts. This is her second semester as Photo Editor for the Daily Egyptian.

Madison Taylor is a freshman from Belleville Illinois majoring in Broadcast Journalism. This is her second semester with the Daily Egyptian.

Sophie Whitten is a freshman with a major in English education and a minor in journalism. She plans to graduate in 2024 and begin her career as an English teacher. This is Sophie’s first semester with the Daily Egyptian.

Chris Bishop is a senior in the cinema department at SIUC and is expecting to graduate in the Fall of 2021. He is originally from St. Louis, Missouri where he volunteers at his church or does freelance photo and video work.

James Allen is in his fourth year studying Cinema and Photography. He is from McComb, Mississippi and will be graduating in the Fall of 2021. After graduation, James hopes to find success in the world of professional wrestling as a photo and videographer.

Monica Sharma is a graduate student in architecture from Nepal. Working with the Daily Egyptian for two semesters, she will be graduating in May of 2021 with her master’s degree. Monica believes that the skills gained from the Daily Egyptian will be a feather in the cap for her professional career. She is happy to have learned how to see the world through a camera and communicate with people.

Subash Kharel, an international student from Nepal and will be graduating with a master’s degree in computer science in May of 2021. He feels lucky to have gotten a chance to work with the Daily Egyptian and learn from experienced and motivated people. Subash looks forward to getting in touch with the advisors and improving photography skills everyday. 

Jared Treece is a senior from Waverly, Illinois majoring in Cinema & Photography at SIU. He has been at SIU for four semesters and has been on the DE photo staff for four semesters. Through Jared’s work this semester, he has learned to practice and hone his eye for photojournalism. He has also been able to cover photo assignments from the southern and central parts of Illinois, as well as Missouri.

News

Celebrating International Students

Multimedia

Chris Bishop
Chris Bishop
Chris Bishop
Chris Bishop
Chris Bishop
Chris Bishop

Black History

Features

Sports