Fire across from a firehouse

By Gus Bode

An electrical fire damaged a residence across an intersection from a Carbondale fire station on Monday.

A resident at 820 W. Walnut St. said the fire started in her second-floor bedroom between 11 and 11:30 a.m. and she woke up to see smoke and hear a crackling noise.

The Carbondale City Fire Department responded to the fire from their firehouse at 300 S. Oakland Ave., on the opposite corner of the intersection of Oakland Avenue and Walnut Street.

Advertisement

The residents’ floor was cut open and insulation, floorboards, and wires were cut open and thrown out the second floor window onto the roof and yard below. An attached residence received some smoke damage from the fire.

No persons were injured in the fire.

Advertisement