Saluki AdLab wins district at advertising competition for Tinder campaign

By Nicolas Galindo, Managing Editor

The Saluki AdLab in the School of Journalism is making headlines after winning their district in the National Student Advertising Competition over the weekend. 

The NSAC is the premier college advertising competition and provides college students with real-world experience creating a strategic advertising, marketing and media campaign for a corporate client.

Each year, for competition, corporate sponsors provide assignments or case studies, which outline the history of the company’s product and current challenge. This mimics a real-world marketing challenge where students must research the product, the competition, identify potential problem areas and devise a completely integrated campaign for the client.  

The Ad Lab’s client for the competition was Tinder.

The student team of Samantha Oxford, Gannon McCarty, Mikaylan Roach and Jacob Boehme put together a double-entendre riddled presentation pitch for their client.

SIU beat other big name district school’s to include University of Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana State University, University of Illinois and DePaul.

AdLab’s pitch moves on to compete in the semifinals to be held on May 6. 

If anyone is interested in viewing the district winning pitch, please contact Bridget Lescelius in the School of Journalism 

Managing Editor Nicolas Galindo can be reached at [email protected] or on Twitter & Instagram @ngalindophoto.