Laptops, counseling services and emergency food bags available for students in need

By Bethany Rentfro, Staff Reporter

Morris Library will be handing out the last of their laptops on March 30 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. for any student who needs one. 

If a student does not have Wi-Fi or access to it, they can file a Saluki Cares report, which will be sent to Provost Meera Komarraju. 

There will also be an emergency food drive in the SIU Student Center on Thursday, April 2 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for any student in need of food. 

A food donation drive will take place on the following Tuesday, April 7 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. in front of the Student Center and there will be staff out front accepting donations. 

The dining halls are still open but are only providing carry out meals to students. 

Campus Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is still available to students remotely through tele-counseling and they will also provide stress management and crisis management group sessions. 

The Student Health Center remains open and available to provide necessary services to students. 

Students in need of laptops or food items should present their student ID at Morris Library and the Student Center. 

Staff reporter Bethany Rentfro can be reached via email at [email protected]

To stay up to date with all the latest news, follow the Daily Egyptian on Facebook and Twitter.