Weekly Bark January 17 2013

By Jack Robinson

Both the Chicago Bears and Philadelphia Eagles hired new coaches this week. Which coach do you think will see the most success this coming season?

Despite having the worst NFL record last season, I think Andy Reid for the Kansas City Chiefs will undoubtedly have the most success. Reid was the NFL’s longest tenured coach before getting fired by the Eagles. Although the Eagles had a few subpar seasons, he still has five consecutive NFC Championships and one Super Bowl appearance on his resume. He also has five 2012 pro bowlers and the no. 1 overall pick to work with. Look for Reid to go out and get a franchise quarterback, like he did in 1999 with Donovan McNabb, and with the talent on that roster, the Chiefs will be back in the postseason in no time. Terrance Peacock-Daily Egyptian

Without a doubt, it should be the Bears’ Marc Trestman signing. Of the eight teams in need of a new head coach this offseason, the Chicago Bears were the only team with a winning record. The roster’s talent alone should make the team a playoff contender. Unlike many of the coaching candidates, Trestman has professional head coaching experience in the Canadian Football League. He boasted a record of 59-31 in five seasons with the Montreal Alouettes as head coach,including two Grey Cup victories. Look for the Bears to address the offensive line in the offseason to help protect a high-powered offense. Matt Ferguson-Daily Egyptian

I think the Bears’ Marc Trestman signing will be key for them. Trestman has a ton of NFL experience and should make a clean transition. Trestman has coached for eight other NFL teams in various offensive positions. Having a coach who specializes in offense will to give the Bears a change from last years’ defense-minded team. Look for new offensive packages and plays for the Bears, along with a Super Bowl championship.

Jack Robinson-Daily Egyptian

Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.