Sugar and Spice April 18, 2013

By Sabrina Imundo

Hello All 

With all the good weather lately it appears a grilling recipe is in need. Per request, here is my dad’s Horseradish Burger recipe. I do have to give special thanks to my friend and grill master Dan Mikalian who lent me his grill and grilling expertise this past weekend and to my dad for the recipe. To all: enjoy the good food and good weather this weekend.

Dad’s Horseradish Burgers 

Minutes: 25 Servings: 4

Ingredients 

1 1/2 pounds ground beef

Up to 1/4 Cup Horseradish (add this ingredient gradually; taste often)

1/4 Cup Sour Cream

Salt, to taste

Pepper, to taste

Hamburger Buns

Condiments of Choice

4 slices of American or munster cheese (optional)

Form meat into eight thin patties.

Mix sour cream and horseradish well.

Add sour cream and horseradish mix to the center of four of eight patties. Next, place the four sauce-less patties on the sauced ones. With fingers, close edges of the patties together. Add salt and pepper to patties to taste.

Place on grill and cook for seven minutes over slow, direct, heat. Flip, cook patties until meat is cooked fully. Top with cheese and condiments on buns if desired.

Meal Idea

Grilled Zucchini with Onion and Cheese

Time: 50 minutes Servings: 4 – 6

Ingredients 

3 small zucchini

1 red or yellow onion

Salt, to taste

Pepper, to taste

Oregano, fresh or dried, to taste

1/2 stick butter

1 Cup Cheddar-Jack Cheese, shredded or slices

Slice zucchini into pieces and put on a very large piece of aluminum foil (approximately 1 foot x 3 feet (30.8 centimeters x 91.4 centimeters.)) Chop onion; put on piece of foil with the zucchini. Sprinkle vegetables with salt, pepper and oregano to taste. Add 1/2 stick of butter in tablespoon increments to the top of the vegetables.

Fold foil into packet; fold foil lengthwise, then fold in the shorter sides. Cook over direct heat for 30 minutes. Stir in bowl when finished cooking and cover with cheese. Cover bowl with foil to melt the cheese for five minutes.