Salukis play worst game in school’s 98-year history

The SIU men’s basketball team suffered its worst loss in school history during a lackluster performance  85-42 against the Missouri Valley Conference co-leader Wichita State.

The 43-point drubbing saw the Salukis struggle in every aspect of the game Saturday at the Charles Koch Arena in Wichita, Kan. The Shockers forced the Salukis into 34 percent shooting, including 2-for-10 from the three-point line.

Freshman guard Josh Swan takes a jump shot Wednesday during the Salukis 75-68 overtime loss to Drake University at the SIU Arena. Salukis lost a record 85-42 Saturday against the Shockers. The Salukis will play Bradley University at 7:05 Tuesday at home. Chris zoeller | Daily Egyptian

The Shockers also pressed the Salukis into 22 turnovers against only eight assists. Each Saluki player saw time during the game. The team was led by freshman forward Dantiel Daniels, who scored 12 points and had eight rebounds.

Leading scorer senior Mamadou Seck was held to four points during the game, well below his 12.8 per game average.

Second leading scorer junior Kendal Brown-Surles was held scoreless on 0-for-2 shooting from the field.

The Salukis return to the court 7:05 p.m. Tuesday against Bradley University at the SIU Arena.

About Akeem Glaspie

My name is Akeem Glaspie. I'm a senior Journalism major with a minor in Creative Writing. I was born in Orlando, Fla., and moved to Elgin, Ill when I was two. I'm a big sports fan who enjoys watching football, basketball and baseball. When I'm not watching sports I'm probably playing video games with friends.