Pruitt signs with National Sports Agency

By Brent Meske, @brentmeskeDE

Former SIU tight end MyCole Pruitt signed with the National Sports Agency for representation in the National Football League.

The agency represents 25 players on NFL rosters, two free agents and retired players such as former Chicago Bears wide receiver Johnny Knox and former Saluki linebacker Bart Scott.

Pruitt said he called Scott and talked to him about the agency before signing. He said signing an agent was an important step.

“It was important to have someone who knows the business well and has experience,” he said. “They can tell me things I don’t know and aren’t sure about.”

Scott wrote in a testimonial on the agency’s website that he was happy with his decision to sign with them.

“Coming over to NSA was the best decision I could have made,” he wrote. “Before, I felt like a small fish in a big pond. At NSA, everyone is equal. We’re all family!”

Pruitt said the agency brought him and his family in and made them feel at home.

Coach Dale Lennon said signing an agent is the first step in Pruitt’s journey to the NFL.

“It’s important to get a good agency to represent you and train you and make sure you’re doing everything you need to do to be successful,” he said. “Now I get to be more of a proud coach and watch what he is capable of doing and take on more of a fan status.”

Lennon said Pruitt’s strength is his versatility, noting that Pruitt has great hands and could be used as a tight end, wide out or full back.

He said now the game becomes a business.

“Before it was a game, now there’s a seriousness and every day you’re paying attention to the details,” he said. “As for everyone going from college to the professional level, you need to become a professional, and that’s your livelihood.”

Pruitt will attend the NFL Scouting Combine starting Feb. 17 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.

Brent Meske can be reached at [email protected] or at 536-3311 ext. 269