PoliceBlotter

Campus

Attempted theft of car part

Police received a report Wednesday of an attempt to cut the catalytic converter off an SIUC vehicle at the Wildlife Annex. Police logs state no suspects have been found.

Residents cited for possession

Two non-student Carbondale residents were arrested at S. Wall and E. Pleasant Hill on Sunday. Robert L. Delmore, 34, was issued a citation for possession of 30 or less grams of cannabis and Daniel A. Spencer, 31, was cited for illegal transportation of alcohol by a passenger. Both subjects posted bond and were released.

City

Warrant arrest

Student Domonique J. Tucker, 21, of Bourbannais,was arrested Monday on a failure to appear in Jackson County Court on a charge of leaving the scene. Police logs state Tucker posted bond.

Burglary arrests

Two men were arrested Wednesday after police responded to a report of a business burglary in the 800 block of East Main Street. Joshua L. Muller, 31, and Michael S. Griffin, 18,  were charged with burglary and criminal trespass and transported to Jackson County Jail.

Home burglarized

Police received a report Wednesday of a residential burglary in the 500 block of East College Street. Police logs state an investigation is continuing in the incident.

Property Stolen

Police received a report Friday an unknown suspect stole items from a vehicle  in the 1400 block of North Illinois Avenue.

Suspicious substance results in investigation

Police responded to a report at 10:45 a.m. Tuesday of an envelop addressed to Illinois State Representative Mike Bost’s office containing an unknown substance. Police reports state the Carbondale Fire Department’s Hazardous Materials Response Team tested the substance and determined it was not hazardous. As a result, the U.S. Post Office in the 2000 bloack of West Main Street was also searched, but not substances were found. Police logs state the Federal Bureau of Investigation assisted in the incident.