Police blotters 11/30/12

Nov. 30

DPS

— Andre L. Stewart, a non-SIUC student from Chicago, was arrested Sunday for domestic battery at Evergreen Terrace. The victim, an SIUC student, did not require medical treatment.

— A library storage room was forcibly entered on Sunday, but no theft has was reported.

— Nagib F. Karim, a non-SIUC student from South Holland, was arrested Sunday with several charges. Karim was pulled over by campus police on South University Avenue on West Mill Street for the disobedience of a traffic control device. He was also charged with driving under the influence, illegal alcohol transportation and driving an uninsured motor vehicle. He posted $100 and his driver’s license and was released.

— Ethan B. Gordon, an SIUC student form Highland Park, was arrested Monday at Neely Hall for possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia. Gordon was issued Carbondale City pay-by-mail citations and released.

— A criminal defacement of state-supported property occurred in parking lot 45 on Monday. There are no suspects.

— A criminal defacement of state-supported property occurred in Morris Library’s 3rd floor men’s restroom on Monday. No suspects have been named.

City

— Police responded to a residential burglary report Friday on the 400 block of South Washington Street. An unknown suspect entered the residence sometime between 3:20 a.m. and 3:50 a.m. and stole property. The incident is still under investigation.

— Police are investigating a burglary on the 1100 block of East Rendleman Road. The suspect, currently unknown, entered a business between 8:00 p.m. Thursday and 5:30 a.m. Friday.

— A motor vehicle burglary on the 600 block of South Lewis Lane in which an unknown suspect entered and stole property from the vehicle between 5:00 p.m. Friday and 8:50 a.m. Saturday was reported. Police are currently investigating these reports.

— Five juveniles were detained after a report of an auto burglary Sunday on the 2000 block of West Woodriver Drive. The juveniles, who were suspected of involvement in several other burglaries, were later released to their respective guardians and are pending appearances in juvenile court.

— A report of a residential burglary Monday on the 500 block of South Poplar Street is currently being investigated after an unknown suspect stole property after entering a residence sometime between 4:00 p.m. Nov. 20 and 8:15 p.m. Sunday.

— The unknown suspect of a motor vehicle burglary on the 200 block of South Wedgewood Lane entered and stole from a vehicle between 7:00 p.m. Sunday and 2:30 a.m. Monday according to police reports. The incident is currently under investigation.

Ashley Zborek

About Ashley Zborek

Hello, My name is Ashley and I am the Daily Egyptian's Online Editor. I started off at the DE as a campus reporter in fall 2011.