Police Blotters 10/19/12

DPS Crime Log
— Criminal damage to state-supported property was reported near the Old Main area on Saturday. There are no suspects.

— A residential burglary at Mae Smith Hall was reported Saturday. A debit card, Xbox cordless  controller and Adidas tennis shoes were stolen. Suspects are unknown.

— Criminal damage to property at the Northwest Annex was reported Sunday. A rock-retaining wall was damaged, and there are no suspects.

— Campus police responded to a report of a residential burglary at Neely Hall on Sunday. An Xbox 360 console and controller, an iMac desktop computer, a Macbook Pro laptop and a Sony Handycam camcorder were stolen. The investigation is ongoing.

— An an 18-year-old SIU student told SIU police he was walking through Lot 45 Sunday morning when a gray Jeep Cherokee with four men inside approached him. Three of the men left the vehicle and demanded the victim’s wallet. Two more men then approached the victim, and one hit him in the head. The victim received minor injures but did not require medical treatment. The six suspects are black males. Campus police are still investigating.

— Chantay D. Washington, an 18 year-old SIU student from Washington, was arrested Monday in Schneider Hall for theft of more than $500, possession of drug paraphernalia and failure to appear in court on an original assault charge. She was taken to the Jackson County Jail.

— A 25-year-old SIU student was arrested for driving an uninsured vehicle with a suspended license Monday. Amy Q. Dentmon, of Carbondale, posted $150 cash bond and was released.

— Criminal damage to the Agriculture building was reported on Monday. There are no suspects.

— An SIU student was arrested at Schneider Hall Tuesday for 30 grams of cannabis and failure to appear on a underage possession of alcohol charge. James Edward Johnson, 19, of Springfield, was issued a Carbondale city notice to appear in court.

— Campus police responded to reports of burglary from a motor vehicle at Lot 23 Tuesday. An ignition key was stolen, and there are no suspects.

— Chavona D. Cheers-Edwards,  an 18-year-old SIU student from Chicago, was arrested for stealing food from Grinnell Hall on Tuesday. She was issued a Carbondale city notice to appear and was released.

— Criminal state-property defacement to the Saluki Drive bridge at South Illinois Avenue was reported Tuesday. There are no suspects.

Carbondale
— A car theft occurred on the 500 block of South University Avenue between 5:25 p.m. and 7:05 p.m. Tuesday. The investigation is ongoing.

— Police responded to two residential burglaries over the weekend. One was on the 500 block of West College Street Saturday and resulted in two males’ arrests. Dominique Robinson, a 20 year-old SIU student, and a 16 year-old juvenile were arrested and taken to the Jackson County Jail. The other was on the 500 block of South Forest Street, where an unknown suspect stole property.

— Two robberies were reported over the weekend. One was at around 2:40 a.m. on the 500 block of South Ash Street Saturday where four unknown black males approached the two victims, battered them and took their property. The other was on the 100 block of North Washington Street Sunday, when a black male approached the victim at around 2:10 a.m., took property from him and then fled on foot.