Police Blotter for 3/27/12

CAMPUS

Aaron Dijon Hill, a student from Brookfield, was arrested Wednesday for manufacturing and delivering cannabis in the Allen III building. Hill posted a $150 cash bond and was released.

Two students were arrested for domestic battery. Joseph Baines, of Chicago, was transported to Jackson County Jail Thursday, and Taylor Craig, of Joliet, was transported to Jackson County Jail Saturday. Neither of the victims required medical treatment.

Three students were arrested for a failure to appear warrant out of Jackson County. Brittany Hand and Lucas Larson were arrested Friday at the SIUC Police Department, and Kierra Mona Rush was arrested Sunday at University Hall. All three posted cash bonds.

Three counts of criminal defacement of state property were reported Friday, Saturday and Sunday on campus. None of the crimes have current suspects.

Two reports of battery occurred Saturday. One suspect remains unidentified, while the other two have been referred to The Office Of Student Rights and Responsibilities.

Jordan Fehrmann, a student from Downers Grove, was arrested Saturday for the underage possession of alcohol on West College and South Ash Street. Fehrmann was issued a Carbondale City pay by mail citation.

Non-student David Stuart, of Chicago, was arrested Saturday for a suspended driver’s license and improper lane usage on the 300 block of East Park Street . He posted a $150 cash bond.

Non-student Quentin Shopinski, of Pinckneyville, was arrested Saturday for underage consumption of alcohol. Shopinski was issued a Carbondale City notice to appear and released.

Maurice Johnson, a student from East St. Louis, was arrested Sunday for possession of cannabis at Neely Hall. Johnson was issued a Carbondale City pay by mail citation and released.

Non-student Kirk Douglas, of Chicago, was arrested Sunday for fighting at the SIU Arena. Douglas was issued a Carbondale City pay by mail citation and released.

Non-student Ryan Hare, of Chicago, was arrested Sunday at the SIU Arena for resisting/obstructing a police officer and was transported to the Jackson County Jail.

Non-student Tammy Solomon, of Herrin, was arrested Monday for illegal transportation of alcohol at East Grand Avenue and South Washington Street. Solomon was released on a personal recognizance bond.

CITY

Police responded Thursday to a burglary in the 400 block of East Jackson Street. The house was vacant when an unknown suspect entered between noon on the 22nd and 5:00 p.m. Thursday. The report is still under investigation.

Police responded to a burglary in the 300 block of East Hester Street, where an unknown suspect entered the residence and stole property between 8:00 p.m. and 10:15 p.m. on Friday. The investigation is ongoing.

Police responded to a hit and run Saturday in the 300 block of East Walnut Street. The vehicle that fled the scene was stolen from a parking lot in the 800 block of West Mill Street. Officers chased down and arrested Ijereon Valliant-Ellis, who was charged with motor vehicle theft, residential burglary, criminal trespass to a residence and leaving the scene of a property damage accident. Valliant-Ellis was taken to Jackson County Jail.

Ashley Zborek

About Ashley Zborek

Hello, My name is Ashley and I am the Daily Egyptian's Online Editor. I started off at the DE as a campus reporter in fall 2011.