Police Blotter 4/26/12

Campus

• Greg T. Seidel, a freshman from Belle Rive, was arrested at Abbott Hall Friday for possession of cannabis. The student was issued a Carbondale City notice to appear in court and released.
  • Edward Watkins, a sophomore from Chicago, and Jamon Render, a freshman from South Holland, were arrested for possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia Friday at Neely Hall. Both students were issued a Carbondale City pay by mail citation and released.
  • Kreshia Bernard, 37, was arrested Saturday at Neely Hall for battery. The non-student was issued a Carbondale City notice to appear in court. The victim did not require medical treatment.
  • Nyla Franklin, a freshman from Chicago, was arrested Sunday at Neely Hall on a charge of failure to appear out of Jackson County on an original charge of retail theft. Franklin was released after posting a $175.00 cash bond.
  • Colin Fearon, a freshman from Hanover Park, was arrested for possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia Tuesday at Mae Smith. He was issued a Carbondale City notice to appear in court citation and released.

City

• Police responded to five residential burglaries on:
  • the 300 block of West Cherry Street
  • the 500 block of South Forest Avenue
  • the 1100 block of East Rendleman Street
  • the 500 block of South Lake Heights Avenue
  • the 800 block of East Grand Avenue
  • All reports are still under investigation.
  • Carbondale Police responded to a report of armed robbery on Tuesday in the 2600 block of West Kent Drive. Two black males approached the victims’ parked car around 11:10 p.m. when they robbed them at gun point. After robbing the victims, the suspects left the area on foot. This crime is still under investigation.

Ashley Zborek

About Ashley Zborek

Hello, My name is Ashley and I am the Daily Egyptian's Online Editor. I started off at the DE as a campus reporter in fall 2011.