Indiana State breaks NCAA record in win over Salukis

The Salukis fell to ninth place in the Missouri Valley Conference in record-setting fashion against Indiana State.

SIU (8-18, 5-10 MVC) fell 78-68 to Indiana State (15-11, 6-9 MVC) Saturday in Terra Haute, Ind., behind a NCAA record 12 consecutive three-pointers from the Sycamores.

Indiana State guard Jordan Printy connected on six three-pointers and tied with his career-high of 18 points.

Senior forward Mamadou Seck reaches for a rebound Feb. 4 against the University of Evansville at the SIU Arena. Seck was one of four Salukis to score more than 10 points during the 68-78 loss to Indiana State University on Saturday. They play Creighton University at 7:05 p.m. Tuesday at the SIU Arena. Nathan Hoefert | Daily Egyptian

The previous mark for consecutive three-pointers made in a game was 11, by Niagara and Eastern Kentucky in 1987.

Indiana State was the eighth-best team in the Valley in terms of three-point percentage going into the game. SIU was sixth in opposing three-point percentage.

Indiana State led 34-32 at halftime, and the Salukis drew to within one with 11 minutes and 26 seconds left in the game, but then Indiana State went on a 12-1 run to distance themselves from SIU.

Four players scored in double figures for Indiana State, led by 18-point performances by Printy and guard Dwayne Lathan.

Saluki freshman forward Dantiel Daniels had a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebonds, while junior guard Kendal Brown-Surles had 14 points and five assists.

The Salukis will take on a Creighton team coming off three straight losses 7:05 p.m. Tuesday at the SIU Arena.