Police Blotters 11/16/2012

DPS Crime Log

— An SIUC student was arrested for retail theft at Grinnell Hall dining area Friday. Joseph Wade Johnson, an 18-year-old from Chicago, was issued a Carbondale city notice to appear and released.

— Charles W. Buster, a 27-year-old non-SIUC student from LaSalle, was arrested Friday at Woody Hall and charged with unlawful use of a weapon, defacing identification marks of a firearm, resisting a police officer and a motor vehicle accident. Buster was transported to Jackson County Jail.

— A non-SIUC student from Lockport was arrested Friday at 905 E. Park St. on a failure to appear warrant out of Jackson County with an original charge of underage alcohol consumption. Heather Pawela was transported to Jackson County Jail.

— Police responded to a report of underage drinking Saturday at Lincoln Drive south of Chautauqua Road. Mateusz Szot, an 18-year-old SIUC student from Chicago, was arrested and charged with underaged alcohol consumption, issued a city pay-by-mail citation and released.

— Nickolas J. Wright, a 20-year-old SIUC student from Canton, was arrested Saturday at Freeman Street west of Poplar and charged with underaged alcohol consumption. Wright was issued a Carbondale pay-by-mail citation and released.

— Police responded to an assault report Sunday between two SIUC students in Mae Smith Hall. A 20-year-old male threatened his 19-year-old girlfriend, according to police, and the case has been referred to the State’s Attorney’s Office.

— A 25-year-old SIUC student was arrested and charged with public possession of alcohol Sunday. Fady S. Anbar was arrested at 800 E. Grand Ave., issued a Carbondale city pay-by-mail citation and released.

— Alisha Rae Anderson, a 30-year-old SIUC student from Austin, Texas, was arrested and charged with public possession of alcohol Sunday from 800 E. Grand Ave. Anderson was issued a Carbondale city pay-by-mail citation and released.

— Two 18-year-old SIUC students were arrested from Grinnell Hall and charged with retail theft Monday. Britney Howard, of Chicago, and Octavia Washington, of University Park, were issued Carbondale city notice to appear citations for retail theft and released.

— Police responded to a report of fighting at Neely Hall Wednesday. Elizabeth J. Johnson-Carter, a 19-year-old from Cape Girardeau, Mo. and Jasmine M. Berry, an 18-year-old from Alsip, were arrested for fighting, issued Carbondale city pay by mail citations and released.

— An Evergreen Terrace resident reported the burglary of an Xbox 360, memory card, wireless controller and WWE 2009 Xbox game Wednesday. The investigation is ongoing.

About Tai Cox