Police Blotters 11/2/12

Department of Public Safety

— SIU police responded to a report of criminal damage to property at Evergeen Terrace Saturday. There were no suspects.

— Marcus Donte Williams, a 19-year-old SIU student from Chicago, was arrested Sunday for stealing a pizza at Grinnell Hall. Williams was issued a Carbondale city notice to appear and was released.

— SIU police are investigating a false fire alarm that happened on the third floor of Mae Smith on Sunday. There was no fire and no reported injuries.

— An SIU student was arrested for possession of cannabis and drug paraphernalia Sunday. William P. Day, 18, of Huntley, was arrested in the Agriculture Building. Day was issued a Carbondale city notice to appear and released.

— SIU police are investigating an iPhone 4S theft from on Oct. 18 at McLeod Theater. The crime was reported Monday, and police have no suspects.

— Ashley E. Burnetti, a 23-year-old non-SIU student from Carbondale, was arrested at the intersection of East Grand and South Washington Tuesday for driving with a suspended driver’s license, suspended registration and no insurance. Burnetti posted a $150 cash bond and was released.

— An SIU student was arrested near Abbott Hall Wednesday for possession and delivery of cannabis. Vincent G. Shumpert, 18, of Oak Park, was transported to the Jackson County Jail.

Carbondale

— Carbondale police are investigating theft from a motor vehicle at the 300 block of South Lynda Street over the weekend, when an unknown suspect stole property between 5:30 p.m. Saturday and 4:45 p.m. Sunday.