Police Blotters 10/25/12

Carbondale Police

— Police responded to a motor vehicle burglary at 6:15 p.m. Saturday at the 400 block of South Wall Street. Officers learned suspects were seen entering a vehicle and stealing property. Gregory G. Newell and Austin A. Wilson were later arrested in connection with the incident. The two were charged with burglary to a motor vehicle and taken to the Jackson County Jail. The investigation is continuing.

— A residential burglary occurred between 6:15 p.m and 8:30 p.m Saturday on the 800 block of North Allyn Street. Officers learned an unknown suspect entered a residence and stole property.  The investigation is continuing.

DPS Crime Log

— A non-SIUC student from Elkville was arrested on Sunday at 509 South University Avenue on two Jackson County failure to appear warrants on original charges of driving on a suspended driver’s license. Kellie M. Schohn, 26, was unable to post the required bond and was transported to the Jackson County Jail.

— Police responded to a report of criminal trespassing Monday. Shawndel V. -Douglas, a 21- year-old man from Hazel Crest who does not attend SIUC, was arrested for criminal trespass on state supported property in Grinnell Hall. Douglas posted $150.00 cash bond.

— John J. Ruether Jr., a 23-year-old non-SIUC student from Harrisburg, was arrested for driving under the influence and expired registration Saturday. Ruether posted $100 cash bond plus his Illinois driver’s license.

— A 24-year-old SIUC student reported to police that she was the victim of sexual abuse. The woman identified a 19-year-old acquaintance who is also an SIUC student,  as the abuser. The investigation is ongoing.

— Non-SIUC students Kenneth D. Hall, 19, and Marcus N. Kemp, 20, were arrested Saturday for criminal trespass to state property. They were issued Carbondale City notices to appear citations and released.

— Police responded to a report of public urination at 432 S Washington Street Saturday. Non-SIUC student William C. Palm, 24, was arrested Saturday for public urination. Palm was issued a pay-by-mail citation and released.

— SIUC student Deja M. Blair, 18, was arrested Sunday in Neely Hall for possession of drug paraphernalia. She was issued a Carbondale City notice to appear and released.

— SIU Carbondale police arrested Christina M. Davis, 21, Monday on a failure to appear warrant out of Jackson County from an original charge of driving on a suspended registration. Davis was transported to the Jackson County Jail.

— SIUC student Ronald Greenwood, 23, was arrested Monday on Pleasant Hill Road at McLafferty Road for driving on a suspended license.

— Darrion Brown, 18, was arrested Tuesday at the SIUC police department on a failure to appear warrant out of Champaign County from an original charge of driving under the influence of alcohol. Brown was transported to the Jackson County Jail.

— Police reported 11 underage possession of alcohol arrests in Carbondale Saturday and Sunday. Two of the subjects who were arrested are SIUC students, according to police reports.

About Tai Cox