Blotters 10/5/12

DPS Crime Log

An SIU student was arrested Wednesday at Mae Smith. Michael K. Miller, 19, from Springfield, was arrested for a failure-to-appear warrant out of Jackson County on an original charge of resisting a police officer. Miller was transported to the Jackson County Jail.

DPS reported criminal defacement of state property Wednesday at the Northwest Annex. There are no suspects.

A non-SIU student was arrested Tuesday for domestic battery and criminal damage to property. Titus L. Washington Jr., 20, from Romeoville, was arrested and transported to the Jackson County Jail. The victim, a 19-year-old student, did not require medical treatment.

An SIU student was arrested Monday for retail theft and resisting and/or obstructing a police officer. Lloyd T. Tar, 19, from Flossmoor, was unable to post the required bond and was transported to the Jackson County Jail.

DPS reported criminal damage to state supported property to a bus-stop glass pane Sunday at the Recreation Center. There are no suspects.

Two SIU students were arrested Sunday for fighting at Lot 94. Brian C. Domek, 18, from Wheaton, and Connor J. Domek, 18, from Naperville, were issued city notice-to-appear citations for fighting and were released.

An SIU student and a non-SIU student were arrested Sunday for fighting at 602 E. Grand Avenue. John B. Ciccone, 20, from South Elgin, and Brandon B. Reno, 20, from Carbondale, were issued city notice-to-appear citations for fighting and both were released.

An SIU student was arrested Sunday for residential burglary at Mae Smith. Kennth J. Moore, 18, from Chicago, was arrested and transported to the Jackson County Jail. A second suspect, a 19-year-old SIU student, has also been identified but had not been located at the time of the police report.

A non-SIU student was arrested Saturday at Lot 100. Justin M. Goldsmith, 21, from Chicago, was arrested on a failure-to-appear warrant out of Jackson County on an original charge of disorderly conduct. Goldsmith posted cash bond.

A 19-year-old SIU student told police he was walking on the bridge that leads to the Newman Center parking lot from the Recreation Center when he passed a male subject. The suspect hit the victim in the head, and a second male then tried to surround him. The victim tried to run, but a third male tripped him while in the parking lot. The third suspect then hit the victim in the head and took his cell phone. The three suspects then ran toward the Brush Towers area. The victim received treatment at the scene for minor injuries. The first suspect is described as a black male wearing a dark blue sweatshirt. The second suspect is described as a black male wearing a red button-up shirt with dreadlocks and blonde tips. The third suspect, also a black male, was wearing a white t-shirt. The investigation is ongoing.

An SIU student was arrested Saturday for driving under the influence of alcohol. Jeffrey J. Hughes, 21, from Waukegan, posted his Illinois driver’s license plus $100 cash bond.

Non-SIU student Dion M. Horton, 19, from Oak Park, was arrested for trespassing to state property and also on an original warrant out of Jackson County on a charge of domestic battery. Horton was transported to the Jackson County Jail.

Carbondale Police

The Carbondale Police Department responded to the 200 block of West Main Street at 1:14 a.m. Sunday in reference to a report of shots fired. Officers found a victim in the area with a gunshot wound and immediately sought medical assistance for him. The victim was transported by Jackson County Ambulance to Memorial Hospital of Carbondale for treatment of non-life threatening injuries. The investigation is ongoing.