Police Blotters 9/20/12

Campus

-Ricardo A. Soto, an 18-year-old SIU student from Homewood, was arrested at Schneider Hall Saturday for criminal damage to state property. Soto was issued a Carbondale city notice to appear and was released.

-Police responded to a report that a 9-year-old juvenile knocked down and kicked a 5-year-old juvenile at Evergreen Terrace Saturday. The 5-year-old did not require medical treatment.

-SIU student Yousef O. Abu-Bakr, 18, of Mount Prospect and non-SIU student Victoria Lynn Scott, 20, of Cowden, were both arrested for underage alcohol consumption at Lot 52 Saturday. They were issued Carbondale city pay-by-mail citations and were released.

-Police arrested 24-year-old SIU student Christopher M. Longo, of Carbondale, Saturday for possession of 30-grams-or-less of cannabis at Lot 80. Longo was issued a Carbondale city pay-by-mail citation and was released.

-Molly J. Kapraun, 18, of Washington, was arrested for underage alcohol consumption at Lot 44 Saturday. The SIU student was issued a Carbondale city pay-by-mail citation was released.

-Police arrested two students Sunday at Warren Hall. Amanda M. Swibel, a 19, of Chicago and Jennifer L. King, 19, of Sterling, were arrested on warrant for fighting at Warren Hall. The two were issued Carbondale city pay-by-mail citations for fighting. Swibel was also arrested for failure to appear on an original charge of dangerous drugs in Effingham County and was unable to post the required bond. Swibel was transported to the Jackson County Jail.

-Miranda M. Morrison, 21, of Coal Valley, was arrested at Grand Avenue and South Illinois Avenue Sunday for driving under  the influence of alcohol and improper lane usage. The SIU student posted her Illinois driver’s license plus $100 cash bond.

-An SIU student was issued a Carbondale city notice for assault after police responded to an incident at Morris Library.Steven Christopher Loyd, 23, was arrested for assault Sunday and was also arrested on a failure to appear on an original charge of retail theft in Jackson County. Loyd posted $175 cash bond and was arrested.

-SIU Police responded to reports of criminal damage to a vehicle in Lot 23 Monday. There are no suspects.

-There are no suspects after police responded to a report of a residential burglary of an Apple iPod Touch in Schneider Hall Wednesday.

-Jamal Jesse McLachlan, 18, of Chicago, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia at Schneider Hall Wednesday. The SIU student was issued a Carbondale city pay-by-mail citation and was released.

City

Carbondale Police responded to a disturbance at the 400 block of West Mill Street Saturday. Officers found a large fight in the alleyway, and some people involved went inside a nearby apartment, according to police reports. Another person involved forced his way inside the apartment in an attempt to continue fighting. The resident forced that suspect out of the apartment, and he was not located by police. Valerie M. Turner, Hillary M. Hofstra and Kendal M. Edgett were arrested for fighting. Daniel W. Whitehead III was arrested for criminal damage to property. All were released and ordered to appear in city court. The investigation is continuing.