Police Blotters 9/7/12

Campus

Two car thefts occurred Saturday — one in Lot 44 and one on 225 Travel Service Dr. There are no suspects for either case.

Dion M. Horton was arrested at Mae Smith Saturday for criminal damage to property. The 19-year-old non-student from Forest Park was released and given a citation to appear in court.

Christian D. Ford was arrested Sunday for criminal damage to state property at Schneider Hall after damaging a window.  The 18-year-old non-student from Memphis, Tenn., was issued a pay-by-mail citation and released.

Ramon L. Rodriguez Jr. was arrested Sunday on warrant. The 21-year-old non-student from Chicago was arrested on East Park Avenue for two “failure to appear” warrants — one for underage possession/consumption of alcohol and one for possession of drug paraphernalia. Rodriguez posted $950 cash bond and was released.

Malik R. Thigpen-Curtis was arrested Wednesday at Wall and Grand for driving on a suspended driver’s license and expired registration. The 21-year-old student posted a $150 cash bond and was released.

City

A motor vehicle robbery was reported Saturday on the 1200 block of E. Main St. The robbery occurred between 5:15 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. and is still under investigation.

Two residential burglaries were reported Monday. One was on the 700 block of S. Wall St., and the other was on the 2500 block of New Era Road. Both investigations are ongoing and suspects remain unknown.

About Tara Kulash

You can reach Tara at tkulash@dailyegyptian.com or 536-3311 ext. 255.