Police Blotters 3/7/12

Carbondale Police

City police responded to a residence on the 2400 block of Southern Illinois Avenue Monday in response to a residential burglary. An unknown suspect entered the residence and stole property sometime between 12 p.m. March 1 and 1 p.m. March 5, according to the Carbondale police report. The incident is still under investigation.

City police responded to a report of a bank robbery in progress at the Bank of Carbondale on 216 E. Main St. Monday at 12:59 p.m. When officers arrived, a man identified as Carbondale resident Darrell L. Hendricks, age 30, was still inside, armed with a knife. Officers subdued Hendricks and arrested him without further incident. No one at the bank was injured during the incident. Hendricks was charged with armed robbery, unlawful use of weapons by a felon and was incarcerated at the Jackson County Jail. The incident is still under investigation.

City police responded to a residence on the 200 block of South Poplar Street Friday in response to a residential burglary. The unknown suspect entered the residence and stole property sometime between 8:10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. The incident is still under investigation.

Campus Police

Jasmine N. Harvey, a sophomore from Chicago, was arrested by campus police Friday at Neely Hall because of a failure to appear on a warrant out of Jackson County. Harvey posted $575 cash bond.

Tiara L. Washington, a non-SIUC student from Alsip, was arrested Friday at Neely Hall because of a failure to appear warrant out of Jackson County. The 19-year-old was unable to post the required bond and was transported to the Jackson County Jail.

Damond Rashaid Hayes, a junior from Chicago, posted $150 cash bond Friday at East Park and Schneider Hall for a suspended drivers license. Hayes, 21, was released.

An SIUC student reported to police Feb. 29 she received two letters that disturbed her from an unidentified suspect. The letters were not threatening in nature. Campus police responded to the incident, which is under investigation, Feb. 29 at the Lesar Law Building.

Kenneth E. Newsome, a senior from Decator, was arrested by campus police Friday at Wall and Grand Apartments and issued a Carbondale City notice to appear for disorderly conduct. Newsome was later released.