Police Blotters for November 9th, 2012

— A 19-year-old non-SIU student was arrested Friday in Lot 14 for not having a valid Firearm Owner Identification card. Anthony L. Smythe Jr., of Chicago, posted $150 cash bond and was released.

—  Police responded to a report of cannabis possession Saturday. David E. Wish, an 18-year-old SIUC student from Chicago, was arrested in Lot 106, issued a Carbondale City pay-by-mail citation and released.

— Megan Nicole Etzkorn, a 20-year-old SIUC student from Allendale, was arrested Saturday in Lot 106 for underaged alcohol consumption. Etzkorn was issued a Carbondale City notice to appear and released.

— Police responded to a report of damage to the Wham building Saturday. Matthew A. Rae and Cody C.Lee, both 18-year-old SIUC students from Chicago, were arrested and charged with defacement of state supported property. They were both transported to the Jackson County Jail.

— A 19-year-old non-SIUC student was arrested Sunday in Schneider Hall for aggravated domestic battery on two SIUC female students. Stephen L. Bennett, of Belleville, was transported to Jackson County Jail. One victim was treated for a broken hand at the Carbondale Memorial Hospital, and the other victim did not require medical treatment.

— Police continued their investigation into the theft of an Apple MacBook Pro from Schneider Hall Monday. A 28-year-old non SIUC student has been identified as the suspect.

An Apple IPhone 4s was stolen at 3:14 p.m. the engineering building. The iPhone was recovered.

— An 8-year-old juvenile struck anther 8-year-old juvenile at 3:53 p.m. while at the Evergreen Terrace bus stop. The case has been has been referred to the State’s Attorney Office and the victim did not require medical assistance.

— Mikcale Laroy Smalley, a 19-year-old non-SIU student from Chicago, was arrested Friday in Lot 14 on a failure to appear warrant out of Effingham County on a traffic offense. Smalley was unable to post the required bond and was transported to Jackson County Jail.

About DE Staff

You can reach the Daily Egyptian at (618) 536-3311.